When will the new rescaled labels be provided by manufacturers/suppliers and when must they be used in stores and online shops?
New light sources placed on the market after 1 October 2021
- Dealers must show the new products with rescaled label on the packaging in stores and online shops.
Light sources already placed on the market before 1 October 2021
18 months transition period from 1.10.2021 to 31.3.2023
- Products already placed on market before 1.10.2021 may still be sold with the old label visible on product packaging until 1.4.2023.
- Manufacturers, on request by the retailers, must provide stickers with the rescaled label and related product information sheet for products in their (retailers’) stock.
As of 1.4.2023
- The old label shown on the packaging or attached to a product must be covered by a sticker of same size with the rescaled label.
- New product information sheet must be provided.