Household appliances, electronic displays and TVs
When will the new rescaled labels be provided by manufacturers/suppliers and when must they be used in stores and online shops?
Products placed on the market before and after 1st November 2020
During a 4 month transition period between 1.11.2020 and 28.2.2021:
- Suppliers must re-register products with rescaled labels to EPREL, on basis of reviewed regulation.
- Suppliers must provide the old and new label and product information sheets with new units of products
- Suppliers, on request by the retailers/dealers, must provide the new labels for products in the retailers/dealers stock.
During a 14 working days period between 1.3.2021 and 18.3.2021:
- Old labels on display must be replaced by rescaled labels.
- Special requirements for displays: the supplier shall either print the label on the packaging or stick a rescaled colour label to the packaging. If, at the point of sale, a product model is only displayed in the packaging (not taken out of the packaging for display) the dealer must ensure visibility of the label for the consumer.
- Special requirements in case of distance or internet selling: An arrow with the energy efficiency class and the range of energy efficiency classes must be placed next to the product model for any product information provided on the web. The product information sheet must be provided to the consumer on paper or via the supplier`s website.
New products placed on the market from 1.11.2020 onwards but sold to end-users only after 1.3.2021
From 1.11.2020 onwards:
- Suppliers must register the product only on the basis of the reviewed regulation in EPREL and must provide the rescaled label and related product information sheet to retailers/dealers.
As of 1.3.2021:
- New products with the rescaled label are shown in stores and online shops
- In case of internet or distance selling see additional requirements as specified above
- For displays see additional requirements specified above
Products already sold on the market before 1.11.2020 but no longer placed on the market after 1.11.2020, or when a supplier has ceased its activities
1.3.2021 to 30.11.2021
- Products may still be sold with the old label during a 9 months transition period.
- No new information to be provided by suppliers.
As of 1.12.2021
- Products with the old label must not be sold anymore