What are the essential new features of the new labelling scheme?
- At the time of the introduction of the new labels after 1st March 2021 no “A” class products will be available on the market. The energy efficiency classes were specified in a way to reserve some room for further innovation of even more efficient products.
- The new best energy efficiency class therefore most likely will be class B or C depending on product group and the technical improvements that may be realised before the introduction of the new energy label.
- No new efficiency classes will be added to the A to G scale in the future. To avoid any further changes of the scale the criteria for the classes A to G will be revised regularly according to technology and market development.
- During a transition period until December 2021 some exemptions will be applied for household appliances and TVs intended to be phased-out. Such product models may be sold during a period of 9 months with the old label.
- For products being rescaled in 2022 or later (e.g. for air conditioners, tumble dryers etc.), the current labels with A+ classes are still used and presented in shops.
Best available energy class after rescaling depending on technology development in 2020
|Best available energy class after rescaling||Existing label:||Revised label|
|Household refrigerators and freezers||A+++||B/C|
|Washing machines, 4 kg and above||A+++||B/C|
|TVs and electronic displays||A+++||B/C|